Pages


Thursday, July 4, 2013

Park Advenutures

Visiting every park in Greensboro has been a vision of mine since I discovered that there is in fact a park within one mile of every residence in Greensboro. What a fantastic thing to be able to say about a community. When I was a child I had very little supervision, by today's standards I had absolutely no supervision and was perhaps neglected, but I had adventure. I rode my bicycle for miles. I remember one night riding my bicycle while following a spotlight/searchlight, in hopes of finding said spotlight/searchlight. I never found it, but I did get lost and did have to go into convenient stores at night to ask for directions back to my home-I was about 11 years old. My friend Jessica and I would go to a park we called the "drug infested park," usually after we swam in the "turtle infested" lake. We had no fear and the call for adventure was strong. Well, I am a parent now and I have a few more boundaries than I did then but I am still up for an adventure and even though we are in a "paying off bills" time of our life here on Muirs Chapel and not a "going on vacation" time-adventure can still be found. I think for now I will be the one to bring my children to the adventure and try and stave off, for quite sometime, their urge to go seek dangerous adventures alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment